All hail Elizabeth

Story: Debian Weekly News - February 9th, 2005Total Replies: 5
Author Content
SFN

Feb 10, 2005
6:58 AM EDT
"It's been reported that Bdale Garbee's young daughter Elizabeth, who has been a Debian user since she was nine, will deliver a talk about extending Tuxracer at the upcoming Linux conference Australia."

That part just has me grinning from ear to ear. That presentation needs to be put on video and made available via Bittorrent.

Here is the report that is mentioned. http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,391863...
SeanConnery315

Feb 10, 2005
8:01 AM EDT
Wow, I sure feel old reading this one. I recall playing with BSD when I was 14, and I thought that was something. But I ain't got nothin' on this one!

-Tool
PaulFerris

Feb 10, 2005
8:49 AM EDT
Tool, you shouldn't talk about what you were playing with when you were 14.

Actually, I can vouch for Toolboy here, he's surprisingly effective in enterprise-class settings. Sometimes evan at things he's supposed to be doing besides providing comic relief.

--FeriCyde
SeanConnery315

Feb 10, 2005
1:15 PM EDT
I think what FerriBoat is trying to say is that my job descriptions usually don't involve comic relief - that's just a bonus to working with such high-caliber tools such as myself! But if memory serves, FerriBoat had many more eccentricities than myself by anyone's standards :->

-Tool

PaulFerris

Feb 10, 2005
2:15 PM EDT
Sorry man -- you set the benchmark in the eccentricity area! For example, there's the shape of your head... :-)

SeanConnery315

Feb 10, 2005
3:15 PM EDT
Ha! Bring it on, FerriWell - you ain't got nothin' on me! I think your obsession with computers, uhm, nevermind. Dang!

-Tool

P.S. Ferris loves IIS!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!