I think I'll wait a bit :-)

Story: New Mozilla Firefox Options/Preferences Window LandsTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
PaulFerris

Feb 27, 2005
11:09 AM EDT
It says the new preferences window is a bit buggy -- I've found one of the nicest things about FF is the fact that it doesn't tend to crash on me, and that it works pretty intuitively -- although I don't know how many people have noticed just how much memory in general Moz based browsers hog, especially if you go tab crazy like I do.

dinotrac

Feb 27, 2005
2:01 PM EDT
But Paulie -

I heard somewhere sometime somehow that you were the patron saint of buggy software?

I suppose you could have been doing embedded control systems for the Amish...
PaulFerris

Feb 27, 2005
4:46 PM EDT
yes! Those embedded control bugs cause serious injury, since Amish computers run on babbage-style spindles. Get the spin-locks wrong on one of those puppies and the flying cogs can be deadly.

mvermeer

Feb 27, 2005
10:07 PM EDT
> I heard somewhere sometime somehow that you were the patron saint of buggy software?

No, what you probably mean is that he's the holder of a patent on buggy software.

Not a bad place to be in really: every time a new piece of buggy software appears, clink! goes the cash register...
peragrin

Feb 28, 2005
5:41 AM EDT
Damn Paul must be worth billions from MSFT alone.

dinotrac

Feb 28, 2005
7:27 AM EDT
I'm just thinking of all those buggies running wild and out of control on the way to barn-raisings.
PaulFerris

Feb 28, 2005
9:44 AM EDT
dinotrac: Around my area the politically correct term is "Auxillary Storage Area Constructions" -- not barn raisings (That is Sooo 1890, man, get with the times).
hkwint

Mar 01, 2005
12:13 PM EDT
PaulFerris: In my area, the politically correct term for a farmer today is: landscape-park-guardsman (free - translated). Well, I rather stick with the Sooo 1890 farmer!
tuxchick

Mar 01, 2005
12:16 PM EDT
This thread needs a big blast of Raid for all the buggies.
PaulFerris

Mar 01, 2005
3:08 PM EDT
tuxchick: what Raid level? 0, 1 or 5?

I vote for a complex Raid level, like 1i - 5j -- that always confuses the operations people the most.
devnet

Mar 01, 2005
4:58 PM EDT
I hope you didn't get any of those bugs from public restrooms... :o
hkwint

Mar 02, 2005
4:40 AM EDT
devnet: You mean the bugs have planned to Raid the public restroom? Must be a big blast! (seriously bad...)
devnet

Mar 02, 2005
4:49 AM EDT
hkwint: ew...
PaulFerris

Mar 02, 2005
5:12 AM EDT
hkwint: ** Error number -1 ** Sentense fails the pun check hkwint: Bad joke count => 1

:-) --FeriCyde

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!