Too many people using a graphical browser?

Story: 2005 Text Mode Browser RoundupTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
cjcox

Mar 08, 2005
12:07 PM EDT
Did we just lxer the linuxjournal site? I get a message saying I don't have permissions to view that page.

Maybe somebody posted a link to it at slashdot.. or perhaps lxer now has even more momentum!
TxtEdMacs

Mar 08, 2005
1:24 PM EDT
I get the same message, but I am a subscriber and I think I created an account.

This link will get you to a readable page: http://www.linuxjournal.com/xstatic/magazine, however, then you are going to have to determine which issue the article in question resides. I think it probably is the April issue, but scanning the contents I did not see anything obviously connected.

Be warned that when I checked the two possibilities I was asked to either create an account or log on. Either way access may be restricted. The possibilities are either 'Cooking With Linux' (mentions command line options) or 'At the Forge' (web site creation/tools column). Even having Linux Journal as a bookmark and a cookie stored did not get me into the latter article when I just checked using the Mozilla browser. [I visit here using Firefox.]
cjcox

Mar 08, 2005
8:30 PM EDT
It works now. Maybe it was restricted to just text based browsers earlier. :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!