Not quite quoting the MS playbook

Story: Linux is insecure, unscalableTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
AnonymousCoward

Mar 17, 2005
3:40 AM EDT
The sheer stupidity involved will become legend in future years.

Cisco is a member of this Alliance, and uses Linux in their reliable, secure, scalable switches and stuff.

Oracle and SAP are members of this Alliance and are both big on Linux. I'm betting that none of the technical advisers from any of these three had influence on the policy reflected in the sound-bites.

EDS itself boasts of several reliable, secure, scalable Linux installations.

The US NSA contributes to Linux, and yet for the clowns quoted here it's somehow not secure enough.

Linux runs watches, PDAs, Internet kiosks, monster servers and supercomputers on 'leventy zillion architectures from one codebase, but for these fools it's not scalable enough.

And so on.

In fact, it looks like someone got the MS playbook and handed it to the dark side of the Sun for revision, then played the results over the Alliance's office Muzak system for about three months before these clowns were allowed out sans minders.

It's going to be interesting watching the scramble over the next few weeks to justify an intrinsically indefensible position.
peragrin

Mar 17, 2005
4:02 AM EDT
I liked reading this from OS News.

Because two articles before it, was

Linux runs the World's top Super computers.

Yep it sure isn't scalable.
hkwint

Mar 17, 2005
9:55 AM EDT
Why do people call this FUD?

This isn't Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt any more.

No Fear, since the only fear is this people get out the institution

No Uncertainty, since it's absolutely sure, in this article someone by accident substituted the word Windows for Linux.

No Doubt this is the most laughable story I read this year! (Moreover, No Doubt is just a rock band)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!