How many Novell "groupware" programs out now?...

Story: Hula brings open source groupware to SMBsTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
DrDubious

May 09, 2005
1:50 PM EDT
I'm still trying to figure out what the strengths and weaknesses are of the three Linux "groupware" systems that Novell has made available. Of course, there's OpenXchange, which as I recall was the first one to be opened up (they recently released 0.8). And, of course, the more recently opened "Hula", as described in this article. And then there's the still-proprietary "GroupWise" Anybody have any pointers to comparisons of these? If I was going to "play with" one, which one would I want to look at first? What actually are the differences between them?
cjcox

May 10, 2005
10:32 AM EDT
IMHO...

OpenXchange (aka SLOX) - of dubious origin... sure looks a lot like the older skyrix SLES7 version... was always quite buggy for me and just a web-only interface.

NetMail - From an older Novell acquisition... an ok product but not Novell's favored mail platform.

GroupWise - My vote for what Novell prefers. Full featured... has an intrusive web interface even (intrusive meaning client side sw).

I'd look at GroupWise out of those 3.... if you're looking for the best support out of Novell.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!