Janco has captured browser statistics since 1977

Story: Firefox Doubles Its Browser Market Share Says SurveyTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
mmelchert

May 20, 2005
9:08 AM EDT
wow, now they were really ahead of time LOL or maybe Janco (never heared about them before) is counting time differently...
SFN

May 20, 2005
11:38 AM EDT
Yeah, but they only stopped clumping Firefox in with "Other" in 1986.
PaulFerris

May 20, 2005
5:40 PM EDT
mmelchert: yeah, I find it hard to see how they were collecting browser stats before the invention of the web browser. Maybe it's one of those "I was using Hex" things... nope, hex 1977 is a pretty hefty y3k problem in the making...
TxtEdMacs

May 21, 2005
3:16 PM EDT
None of you even thought it could have just been a typo?

Look at this " The Browser Market Share Study data is by month starting in September 1997 through the end of April 2005[1]...". This line was just above the statistics, the "[1]" is a superscript in the text to a footnote that did not reproduce correctly on pasting.

Here is the link: http://www.itproductivity.org/browser.htm

Hmm looks like a Windows machine. Now here is something to sink your teeth into ...

PaulFerris

May 22, 2005
5:40 PM EDT
TxtEdMacs: Yeah, I thought it was a typo, but you have to laugh ... ;) The main thing was one of my co-workers expressing his age in hex (30, hex) to seem younger. That was my main reason for providing the stupid joke.

I tried the hex thing for my age, unfortunately letters are a dead give-away...
TxtEdMacs

May 23, 2005
5:02 AM EDT
Paul - Even if you had straight A's, I would demand proof. [You run around pulling legs so hard here no one will ever be able to walk on a uniform surface again!]
sbergman27

May 23, 2005
5:43 AM EDT
> I tried the hex thing for my age, unfortunately letters are a dead give-away...

Letters, plural? Well, that gives us a minimum. Wow. Say hi to Sarek for me. ;-)
PaulFerris

May 23, 2005
7:03 AM EDT
sbergman27: okay okay, "the trailing letter is a dead give-away" :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!