I'm happy it's Micro Center

Story: Micro Center, Linspire conspire to bring desktop Linux to average consumersTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
tadelste

May 20, 2005
3:37 PM EDT
We have a nice store in Richardson Texas across for TI's world headquarters and literally blocks from Telecom Corrider on Central Expressway and Spring Valley.

These guys have been selling everything Linux for a long time. Their sales people even use it. They even carried cheap CD Roms of Linux and BSD variants. So, I've always like them.

They also introduced my wife to Apple Computers on day and showed her the beta of OS X on a cube. She liked it so much she bought it and began to finally use a computer. Then we installed Linux on one of her partitions and she's used Linux ever since. Pretty amazing.

I installed XP on her newest computer - an Intel P4 using her Mac Studio Display and KeyBoard. She didn't like it even though she uses it at work.

I commend the people at Micro Center and will continue to patronize their stores and buy on-line. Good for them!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!