Author Content
purplewizard

May 27, 2005
3:49 AM EDT
subject says it all
ralph

May 27, 2005
8:13 AM EDT
This article is old news. You are right about that. But, it does say something. The interesting part to me is that something like this would even come to the attention of a business journal. The cause of this kind of article could be a conspiratorial anti-Linux bias, or a poor understanding of the issue on the authors part, or maybe an editor needing to put up something on a slow day. I'll keep an eye out for future stories from the Herring and decide later on what I think caused it.

Now, as to the loss of BitKeeper. I am glad to see it go and I am sorry for the inconvenience it is causing. Mr McVoy clearly over-reacted to a very reasonable effort to make a cvs to bitkeeper portal. I looked at using the "free" BitKeeper and helping with the kernel a while back. I thought the license was unreasonable and it kept me away. I suspect there are others like me and Linux will be better off in the long run.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!