Sorely tempted to stray...

Story: Pick a Linux, Any LinuxTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
helios

May 30, 2005
7:26 AM EDT
Have I ever mentioned anywhere here that I have a strong preference for PCLinuxOS? I believe I may have mentioned it in passing, oh say...a few hundred times or so. However, IF I were to ever be inclined to actually pay for a distribution...and who knows, stranger things have happened; I would pay for Libranet.

I ran Libranet 2.8.1 for quite a while, but for reasons I cannot remember, I moved on. Just for S&G's I re-installed Libranet 2.8.1 on good ol' hdb to take a stroll down memory lane. While the lead-in to this story does not make mention of it, the author is quite enamored with Libranet and for good reason(s) Now, if they have done things in 3.0 like make streaming work out of the box and have pre-compiled video drivers like, oh let's say...PCLinuxOS, I might be sorely tempted to spend 90 bucks on a Linux distro. And even if they haven't, the presence of AdminMenu in Libranet might be just enough for me to open my wallet...this from a guy who drives 20 miles out of his way to save 5 bucks on a video card....go figure.

helios
Koriel

May 31, 2005
3:57 AM EDT
Helios, are you reading my mind or something Libranet is the only commercial distro i have ever paid for and pretty nice it was to, I paid for version 2.8 but that was a while ago and PcLinuxOs i believe is ahead of it for ease of use now.

You use PCLinuxOs? can't say i noticed :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!