Innovation

Story: Is open source stifling innovation instead?Total Replies: 4
Author Content
sbergman27

Jul 05, 2005
7:19 AM EDT
Ye Gods!

Innovation. Let's conjugate the verb form.

I innovate.

You innovate.

He innovates.

She innovates.

We innovate.

They innovate.

We all innovate.

Have you innovated today?

You see, if we don't innovate (every day) and if we don't have tangible evidence (OK... plausible evidence) of that fact, then we are just a drain on society.

Seriously, if I hear the word "innovation" abused one more time I am going to vomit. (And where's that dramamine gone to?! Because I seriously think I'm going to need more anti-nausea medication before the whole "I" word debacle is over. Won't some pharmaceutical company come up with an innovative solution for this? Oops!)

Seriously, though. Let's just admit that innovation is something that happens rarely. For the most part, technology *evolves". Do people really want to wake up to a "revolution" every day?

And one more thought. Does "evolution" innovate?
r_a_trip

Jul 05, 2005
7:26 AM EDT
And one more thought. Does "evolution" innovate?

No, "evolution" improves the already existing occurrences of [insert evolving thing here], standing on the shoulders of giants.

Probably an answer to a rhetorical question, but what the heck...
PaulFerris

Jul 05, 2005
7:46 AM EDT
Don't forget the Microsoft definintion, which, if you use the Microsoft Dictionary(tm), you will find like here: http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/theft.html
Quoting: innovation innovation (plural innovations)

noun stealing of property: the act or crime of stealing somebody else's property

[ Old English þēoft < Germanic] See also: "Theft"

--FeriCyde
dinotrac

Jul 05, 2005
8:32 AM EDT
And, let's not forget the redneck definition:

[quote}

He was so durned good we gave him innovation.

[/quote]
dinotrac

Jul 05, 2005
8:33 AM EDT
Or, is that

Quoting:

He was so durned good we gave him innovation.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!