Posting from Cosmopod

Story: Free Remote KDE Desktops from CosmoPOD.comTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
Abe

Oct 30, 2005
9:29 AM EDT
This is a test. Creating this doc from home in the US. Launching took about 12 minutes. K-Menu browsing was good. Launching KOffice was OK. Response while in KWrite is good but still notice it is done remotely. Ultimately this is not good enough. I understand that the server is loaded and I was lucky to be able to get a chance to login. I tried to access local storage but failed. It said that LISA is not active. I tried to access other network location but was not successful. When created the session desktop, the sound card was not recognized. I will try and save this brief document created with KOffice and see what happens. Here it goes. It was responsive. It saved right away. I don't see any virtual desktops but I see Kopete so I am going to test it with my wife while in AOL.

Kopete worked pretty good although we didn't say much since we are in the same room and I am logged on a machine in Germany. This is neat.

On testing other things then off to give others a chance to connect.

OK I will try e-mail. Be back in a minute.

KMail worked flawlessly. I configure it to connect to my Comcast account and read my messages (and some spam). I also forwarded them back with no problem. Response was acceptable considering the factors like the server is in Germany and I am in the US. The server is a PC with very limited resources and with maxed out with connections.

Well, pretty good overall and I am sure this will be improved quite a bit the last thing I am going to do is connect to Lxer and post this text. I'll be back.

Firefox is not available so I will use Konqui.

I am now on Lxer finishing this post. I copied and pasted from KOffice. This thing is really neat. Response is good after launching an application which takes some time.

-Abe

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!