My recent experience differs ...

Story: Just Googling: It Is Striking Fear Into CompaniesTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Nov 06, 2005
3:38 PM EDT
First I really like Google Maps, but the first attempts to find the location of a (not Web related) site resulted in frustration. I resorted to Yahoo and then Mapquest, that got me nearer, but the latter does not seem to have the ability to zoom in on their rather small maps. Once finding the address, the Google Maps site still gave poor results, what was terrible were the unrelated adds to mostly far away locations. Moreover, every advertised location had absolutely no relation to the site type sought. Finally with address and the hybrid view I found the information I required but it was much harder than my previous experiences.

I noticed too that my Google Advanced searches are less likely to find known articles anywhere near where they should be found given the search criteria I insert. It's not that the others are getting better, it seems that Google has made changes that result, at least for now, in less satisfactory matches.
jimf

Nov 06, 2005
3:52 PM EDT
yeah, the google mapping is less than perfect. Still, it's better than what proceded it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!