I don't suppose that acting like a grownup

Story: Microsofts secret weapon! = Temper TantrumsTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
tuxchick

Nov 16, 2005
3:42 PM EDT
has occurred to anyone in the ms executive suites?
dinotrac

Nov 16, 2005
3:52 PM EDT
tuchick -

It was suggested once at a high-level executive meeting.

Everybody had a good laugh, then the person who made the suggestion was fired.

It hasn't come up since.
mvermeer

Nov 16, 2005
9:33 PM EDT
Interesting. And then some people maintain that we as a community have a growing-up problem: http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1875122986;fp;4;fp... I for one prefer even honest body odor to corporate slime ;-/
tuxchick

Nov 17, 2005
10:14 AM EDT
That's a seriously lame article. But you don't need me to tell you that. :) Yeah, ESR is a nut, but he's an entertaining nut who has contributed to FOSS. RMS might be a radical, but he always uses sound logic and maintains a consistent position. Whether or not you agree with him, he has actual reasons for his views, which is more than you can say for the horde of pro-ms shills that infest the tech media. Also, RMS has done a tremendous amount for Free Software in the legal arena, which no one else can say. As cool and cuddly as Linus is, he is allergic to politics and legal issues, so it's a good thing we have RMS and the Free Software Foundation stepping up to the job.

Let's look at the public faces of commercial, closed-source software- BillG, Ballmer, McNealy, Schwartz, Ellison- I don't see any grownups at that table, do you?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!