100% Agree

Story: How Microsoft's Enterprise Desktop Stifles Linux and How to Fix itTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
mash

Nov 18, 2005
4:45 AM EDT
I've seen it happen as well. Having startd in 1988 at IBM/Germany I was able to monitor all this from another but not too far away point of view.

And after having left IBM I had to argue with customers who decided using MS-Office just because the boss's wife wanted it that way. She worked twice a week for 3 hours writing the bills and 50+ other workers had to use MS-Office - though most of them definitely wanted something else.

Currently everyone is talking about OSS. Whouch would have been a good basis for getting into the market some five years ago. But nowadays MS is too much inside the heads of too many people. I wonder if anyone can unwind this. If anyone can - it's MS itself. By making mistakes. Mistakes on the market and on their products as well. On the other hand there has to be a lot more professional OSS than Mozilla and Open Office in order to convince Companies to make the change.

Nevertheless, thanks for this article.

-m*sh-
salparadise

Nov 18, 2005
5:04 AM EDT
On the other hand there has to be a lot more professional OSS than Mozilla and Open Office in order to convince Companies to make the change.

Have you looked at the Migrations list on this site?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!