Applications

Story: Opinion: Five reasons NOT to use LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
cjcox

Nov 19, 2005
2:29 PM EDT
They forgot about Solitaire. Windows comes with Solitaire/Free Cell. Ever seen it running with quad dual core Opterons! Let me tell you... it's VERY impressive. I get the feeling that the article was being sarcastic in some places. Well my friend, you need to be introduced to freecell.exe!

Ok.. sure you can get freecell like clones on Linux... but let's face it. Nothing is better than original! Right?

The article author seems to imply that Windows doesn't come with any applications. This is not true. It comes with freecell. Let's end all of this FUD right now.
helios

Nov 19, 2005
3:35 PM EDT
and Windows media player...lets be honest here...how many OS's come with its very own program with open and vulnerable ports pre-installed...and how considerate, MS want to insure quality so other formats are forbidden to play on it...what a bunch of sweethearts.
dinotrac

Nov 19, 2005
3:58 PM EDT
Hey look --

While we're at it, let's look at one of my personal favorites: Cinelerra.

Admittedly cranky and contankerous, with a user interface only a -- well, I don't know -- could love, it lets you do heavy duty video editing, compositing and post-production work that would cost thousands in the proprietary world.

With that kind of power, you might just ignore the kids.

Not a danger with Windows, unless your budget is a whole lot bigger than mine.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!