linuxinsider.com sucks

Story: There's Hope for a Unified Linux Desktop YetTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
incinerator

Dec 19, 2005
2:22 AM EDT
This article is a prime example why I don't read linuxinsider.com. It mainly consists of incoherent gibberish. Apart from one paragraph the title has nothing to do with its contents. The author writes away and states his opinion as fact without even bothering to provide serious backing by referring to the real news. One could even argue that this article contains subtle FUD, just check the last paragraph.

Also, that Joomla-bashing is nothing more than moronic, the only valid reason the author can find to do so is the projects "bad" name, lol.

This is not the first time linuxinsider.com is publishing rubbish. Many people, for instance groklaw's PJ, have suggested that they play a twisted game and do fudding for ms et al more than once per year. I don't really want to go that far, but I'd ask for articles from that site to be selected more carefully.

Regards, Dominik
devnet

Dec 19, 2005
3:44 AM EDT
Yep...craptastic.

If you look at the latest article on my blog...I compare the history of the last 2 years of Linuxinsider.com and Linuxworld.com to Lxer and Newsforge.

Boy, those ad laden sites sure do suck! Guess when you advertise crap, you start to print crap too.
salparadise

Dec 19, 2005
3:49 AM EDT
Perhaps when you print crap you end up beholden to those paying for their crap to be advertised. The end result being you have to choose words carefully in case you end up "upetting one of your sponsors". This is a fairly robust way of knee-capping a news service/web-site/politician/publication.
devnet

Dec 19, 2005
8:49 AM EDT
that sux...I feel sorry for them now :p
tadelste

Dec 19, 2005
10:20 AM EDT
Most of this stuff is contrived anyway.
nuclearbunny

Jan 09, 2006
12:52 AM EDT
incinerator, the author is head of PR for Mambo so it's not only contrived Joomla-bashing, it's word filler for Mambo..

Why else would the journalist waste 3 paragraphs on Mambo (a web architecture, not related to the desktop) when really he's meant to be talking about OpenOffice and the Linux desktop ?

Craptastic indeed!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!