He's not all bad.

Story: Desktop Linux versus Windows XP shootout writer needs help -any volunteers?Total Replies: 5
Author Content
chalex

Dec 20, 2005
7:24 PM EDT
Some of his posts trash Microsoft too. I'm not sure what his deal is, but it looks like he's an equal-opportunity troll. I wrote about it in my blog: http://www.yalb.net/wp/
tadelste

Dec 20, 2005
7:39 PM EDT
And we should read his posts because...?
jimf

Dec 20, 2005
8:45 PM EDT
Same question here tadelste.
salparadise

Dec 21, 2005
5:17 AM EDT
Hmmm, Just a shade too much jumping up and down and jeering for my liking.

Granted, tackling a subject one has next to no real knowledge of is dangerous. However, that doesn't justify Linux users standing round him in a circle and kicking him. Elitism stinks.

A far better response (imho) would be to take his post apart line by line and insert the correct data.
tadelste

Dec 21, 2005
5:26 AM EDT
I thought I would extend him a professional courteousy.
Abe

Dec 21, 2005
5:58 AM EDT
"A far better response (imho) would be to take his post apart line by line and insert the correct data."

I agree, let them lie and make things up. We just have to expose their lies.

Nothing is perfect. Linux & FOSS are not either. But they are way much better than Windows over all. Things are improving so fast making MS & its lackeys very nervous forcing them to resort to this type of propagenda.

So what if one application is a little slower. What counts is the over all system being well balanced and have solid foundation. Windows does not have that and MS is attempting to catch up in VISTA/Longhorn.

One would ask self, what is lost by an application being a few seconds slower? and what is gained if it was a few seconds faster? OOo is an interactive application, we are humans and we use keyboard and mouse to interact with it, these to interfaces are slow any way, so a few seconds here and their are not going to make the slightest difference.

OOo is is doing a lot more what MSO does. It has quite a bit of code that furnishes many features that MOS does have, like creating PDF, much better style controls, better integration among different modules (Writer, Calc, Presenter, etc), supporting MS file format and ODF, very sophisticated database sources, better and more Multi-language support, Multi-platform support, etc. All of this makes it a little bloated but developers are doing a great job in continuing its feature enhancements and performance and reliability improvements.

George is a moran. He finds a little weak thing and blows it out of proportion to make a mountain out of it. He is not the only one, but he sure is the leader in these tactics. we can rest assured, MS is worried, if they were not, they wouldn't resort to such attacks.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!