Short comment to explain how news gathering works.

Story: Linux-based Media Centers By VWBTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
libv

Jan 03, 2006
11:30 PM EDT
* At least try to weed out empty, parasitic marketing. * Try to remember what you posted just 2 days before. * Try some investigation, very important bit in journalism. Heading to http://www.google.com can be an enormous help for that.

tadelste

Jan 04, 2006
8:42 AM EDT
Thanks for your suggestions but we do those things. I'm speculating, but I believe you don't like what we post. That's fine, but we have reasons for doing what we do.

We delete about 80% of the items submitted. We will repost feature articles because they might hit during low volume times and we will check the number of reads on an article and put it or one like it back up at higher volume times. And, we do investigate the materials we post.

I don't appreciate your vitriolic votes and philosophy on press releases. I don't consider them parasitic. So, you and I don't have a lot in common when it comes to how to treat vendors.

I do appreciate your honoring my request and putting you thoughts in a comment section.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!