I say good on Qwest

Story: Qwest Gouges Innocent Users For Spam; Mediacom & AT&T Don't.Total Replies: 0
Author Content
rob_hughes

Jan 12, 2006
4:30 AM EDT
As far as I'm concerned, lazy/stupid/ignorant broadband users (especially the ones running windows) have been able to externalize the costs of poor systems administration and security for far too long. If this causes them direct costs and forces them to start applying some brains to what they do or get off the net, then that's fine by me. I'm sick and tired of having my bandwidth wasted and having to spend time updating my email system (as in block lists, spam signatures, etc.) just to deal with a problem that is caused by a bunch of arsehats that are too lazy to keep updated A/V signatures in place and install a firewall. I'm dropping, on average, over 1000 emails *a day* on my little home email system that come from zombied machines. It's no wonder that so many are starting to call email useless and unusable. Heck, a quick check shows I'm at 1431 rejects just so far today (and it's only 7:30 here... gonna be a busy day).

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!