I submitted this story...

Story: OpenSolaris (maybe) dual licensed GPLv3Total Replies: 1
Author Content
virgo977

Jan 29, 2006
9:15 AM EDT
and, if the clown of Mountain View says something interesting, I think it's worth to read.

Furthermore, what make you sure OpenSolaris will never be dual licensed GPLv3 ???

PS I sincerely hope you don't prefer this... (http://trends.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/01/25/238257&f...)...

--- Stefano Spinucci
tadelste

Jan 29, 2006
9:30 AM EDT
Stefano, don't take it personally. You're a wonderful contributor to Free Software and I salute you for all your contributions. Thanks for registering at LXer. Its an honor for us.

I appreciate the submission. You might find that some people, including myself have a bad taste in our mouths from having done business with Jonathan. I had some sympathy for him for a while. But anyone who gets big bonus money for producing personnel layoffs bothers me. Additionally, he can't keep his story straight.

My comments don't have anything to do with whether or not OpenSolaris will have a dual license. We'll see. This falls into an abyss of promises he has never kept and we can documents them in 30 minutes.

Anything he says is shamefully suspect. Read his past articles about how the GPL sucks and his justifications of his own licenses. GPL 3 hasn't changed enough that it should overcome his supposed problems with FSF in the past.

Why do I think opensolaris will never be dual licnesed? I didn't say that. I would appreciate it if it happened. I said that this guy wouldn't know the truth if it bit off his nose. If you understand the notion of flip floppying, he just takes a position one day and another a couple of days later.

Sorry for offending you. Jonathan's blog is just unreliable. Any other person on the planet might considering hiding after the things he's written and said in public and in interviews. Not Jonathan, he has no shame. Maybe it's Zoloft or benzodiazepines.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!