A big heaping of anti-FUD

Story: E-Trade VP Talks Open-SourceTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
number6x

Jan 30, 2006
4:11 AM EDT
This article is a great read. It dispels almost every shovel full of FUD spread by Redmond over the last decade. It is true to my experience, and is the kind of success story open source needs more PHB's to read.

On a strange note, Lee Thompson's repeated use of the words 'deep diving' kept causing me to have shudders. It's just such a 'Darlism'. Other than that The article is a must read for the non-Linux crowd.

One of the points Microsoft keeps making about Linux is that Linux is really taking business from Unix, and not from Windows. This article shows one example of how that is true. What Microsoft fails to mention is that they wanted Windows to be the OS that was taking market share from the Unixes, and Linux got in their way. Microsoft may still have a role as a mail server or a printer or file server in the future, but Linux is going for the big time.

Linux is an enterprise level server operating system. Windows has not made the cut. Great article, I vote two thumbs way up.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!