Open Letter to Warren Woodford, Creator of MEPIS

Story: Review: SimplyMEPIS 3.4-3Total Replies: 0
Author Content
devnet

Feb 09, 2006
8:55 AM EDT
Warren,

I'd have to say that it is time to update your default desktop. You've had the same look for quite a few releases now and its the one area I think MEPIS is really, really lacking. For tips on what the desktop CAN look like, please see http://www.tuxmachines.org/gallery/pclos92f

If you take care of this now, you just might propel your lil desktop a few more rungs up the ladder in popularity. Afterall, everyone likes eye candy. Don't dismiss my ideas because we had a disagreement a few years back...I want to see Linux do well...MEPIS included. If MEPIS succeeds, Linux succeeds. Take this advice to heart I beg of you.

If there are those of you who use MEPIS, like I do, who would like to see the default graphics, fonts, and general appearance improve, please leave a comment for Warren to provide positive feedback so that MEPIS can be improved.

Regards,

Derrick K. Devine ex-webmaster of mepislinux.org, now defunct loyal user in the background since June 2003

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!