Or maybe

Story: Why Won't Dell Promote Its Linux Desktops?Total Replies: 3
Author Content
dtfinch

Feb 27, 2006
11:06 PM EDT
They don't want the most ignorant Windows users on Earth with no concept of what an operating system is buying the systems and calling their tech support to complain that all their Windows software won't run and therefore they should get a refund or else they'll say to all their ignorant Windows user friends that Dell screwed them.

I'm not saying that most Windows users are ignorant. I'm just saying that ignorant people use Windows because they frankly don't give a damn about the whole OS argument so long as stuff works. They buy a computer, they buy software, they don't read labels (computers are computers, and software is software, right?), and if the software doesn't work on the computer, then someone's going to get a piece of their mind, what little they have.

If you buy a Linux PC from Dell, they want it to be because you're looking for a Linux PC, and not take the chance that you're the kind of consumer who believes hype and gets mad at Nintendo when their Playstation games won't run on their Xbox. These people exist. They're everywhere. Nothing's ever their fault. And they can be very loud.
tadelste

Feb 28, 2006
6:54 AM EDT
Quoting:I'm not saying that most Windows users are ignorant.

That depends on the body of knowledge one might reference. The term "Ignorance" means oblivious to the information.

Would they be oblivious to the information about medical procedures or IT?

Hmmm.
dtfinch

Feb 28, 2006
10:46 AM EDT
I was trying not to offend anyone.
tadelste

Feb 28, 2006
11:56 AM EDT
I understand. I just wanted to clarify your statement for myself.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!