Bah

Story: COMRADES! GPLv3 is here!Total Replies: 10
Author Content
incinerator

Mar 13, 2006
1:48 AM EDT
deleted because original post was rather stupid, thanks to paulf for pointing that out.
dcparris

Mar 13, 2006
5:29 AM EDT
I agree. How dare someone accuse those who seek to restore the balance that copyright is supposed to protect a communist.
tuxtom

Mar 13, 2006
9:58 AM EDT
This article was intended to be a farce. If you check out his website you will see that he is an active open-source developer. http://paulfurberconsulting.com
incinerator

Mar 13, 2006
10:30 PM EDT
see first post in thread.
tuxtom

Mar 14, 2006
8:37 AM EDT
Yeah, it was almost convincing until I read the posts on the story's site.
grouch

Mar 14, 2006
10:06 AM EDT
Jokes are about timing and reference. This one provided no reference but just dragged on and on.

E.g.:

Ok, so there was this chicken, that's a fairly large, domesticated bird commonly raised for using its eggs for food or for raising more chickens or for cutting up and cooking, the chicken, not the egg, but anyway, this chicken was on one side of a road, that is if you consider the road, which is commonly a path used for vehicular traffic and may be paved with some substance harder than the ground around it or not, if you consider that road as a dividing line of the ground over which it passed, then the chicken was on one side of that line and decided to cross over the road to the ground that was on the other side of the line represented by the road. Now, why did the chicken cross the road?

Hey, where'd everybody go?
Herschel_Cohen

Mar 14, 2006
10:17 AM EDT
grouch - but I thought that's the way you tell a joke.
grouch

Mar 14, 2006
11:49 AM EDT
I rest my case.

(I swear I heard a 'ba-da-boom' right after your line, Herschel!)
Herschel_Cohen

Mar 14, 2006
12:04 PM EDT
grouch - so you really like my style, huh?
grouch

Mar 14, 2006
1:40 PM EDT
Put your hat back on; I don't have any quarters.
paulf

Mar 16, 2006
3:29 AM EDT
Incinerator,

The whole point of satirical news items in English is that they say one thing and mean the opposite. You could have saved yourself a lot of space by just pointing out that every single point in the article is nonsense - as I intended. You claim that you knew all along that it was supposed to be satirical but you've taken great care to provide a rebuttal of each of its nonsensical points.

As we say in English: "Whoosh!"

YHBT. YHL. HAND.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!