his new line

Story: Mocking Bill Gates Mockery of the Mockup $100 LaptopTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
jsusanka

Mar 17, 2006
7:40 AM EDT
""Hardware is a small part of the cost" of providing computing capabilities, he said, adding that the big costs come from network connectivity, applications and support."

ya because we have deals with all the hardware manufacturers that don't allow them to sell anything but windows on their hardware. so we subsidize them so they can put windows on their junk. then we have the hardware vendors spew fud about how they can't afford to support anything else except windows and that no one else is demanding anything but windows. what a load of shat - ya all the research and manufacturing that goes into hardware should cost nothing. meanwhile when someone can write a better os than his piece of shat in his/her basement, then he should charge 500 dollars for his os plus another 500 for his office suite.

I just hope people see through him - hardware is what should cost the most of the computer. he just doesn't want software to become a commodity so he can keep making his billions.

I hope people realize that they can have an excellent computer experience without microsoft. just install linux and you will never go back to his piece of junk. And you will never have to worry about his subsidiary the BSMA come knocking at your door. what I want to know about is the Abrahem scandel and his connection to his father's lawfirm. Why doesn't anybody ask him those kind of questions. I could care less about what technology he thinks we should all be using with his junk os on it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!