Linux will always be here

Story: Microsoft Has Stopped Competing with LinuxTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
dschaefer79

Mar 22, 2006
6:50 PM EDT
For the Desktop The thing that nobody has said is that Linux in 100 years from now will still be here and selling. Linux have time to improve itself. It was evolving at the begining, it's evolving now and in 100 years it will still evolving. In 10 years linux has evolved a lot, but imagine in 50 years or 100 years. First I think that computer will ship at very low price like 100$ you will buy it everywhere and at that price do you think you will buy a license at 300$ dollars for an os ??? You can already see that with the laptop that will sell at 100$ for the developping country. I have no doubt that 100$ computer with screen keyboard and mouse will be avaiable for everyone sooner as we think. The most people will buy it, sure and the only os that can fullfill this demand is linux.
tadelste

Mar 22, 2006
7:03 PM EDT
Ah, while I enjoy your enthusiasm, you should see the predictions of how the computer industry will fare in 10 year increments. One was from 1981 to 1990, another from 1990 to 2000. They're very funny. Take a look at the state of the art system.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Eniac.jpg

100 years ago, the primary form of transportation was horses and carriages and trains. Human flight was a dream.

200 years ago, the US was occupied primarily by Indian tribe people.

Things change. I'd give Linux five to fifteen years maybe.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!