Has to be Windows? Sure?

Story: Articles from Helios: The People's Republic of China IS OwNeDTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
dtfinch

Apr 11, 2006
1:30 PM EDT
I couldn't find anything to confirm that the preloaded operating system had to be a proprietary one. Just "legitimate". Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong articles.
helios

Apr 11, 2006
4:40 PM EDT
No you are not. I looked too and it took me the better part of two days to find a clarification on what you ask. Given the article I had to work with, and the postings on the Internet at the time, it was seeming like that was the only choice being given to China. That, and I wanted to know WHO was making these "suggestions" that were being followed so quickly.

since publication, there have been a couple of snippets about other systems avialable for pre-installation, as long as blank hd's were not being sent out. However, the article I referenced made it sound like Windows was the only "legitimate" choice. It still sounds like there may be some behind-the-scenes arm twisting going on. Lobby4Linux is going to dig into this further and see if we come up with anything more than rice and excuses. It looks like I may be granted an email interview with the top PC manufacturer in China. If so, I will submit it to LXer as a feature.

helios

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!