lightning rods

Story: Microsoft exec calls for calm on OSS siteTotal Replies: 10
Author Content
number6x

May 02, 2006
7:24 AM EDT
Gee...

If you insist on standing on high ground in a thunderstorm, holding a lightning rod over your head.

Should you complain when you attract lightning?

I mean when RMS does stuff, he gets negative feedback. RMS is not anti-FOSS, and he gets dumped on.

What does Microsoft expect?

Or is that what they want? (More proof of all of those wacky long haired linux crunchies)
dthacker

May 02, 2006
7:57 AM EDT
"What does Microsoft expect?" They expected us to have shorter memories. We didn't. They expected us to be overjoyed that MS is interested in interoperability between linux and windows. We don't believe they really are.

Dave

tuxchick2

May 02, 2006
8:39 AM EDT
What is there to say except ROFLMAO duhhhh!!!
jsusanka

May 02, 2006
8:40 AM EDT
I don't need a long term memory to remember that they refuse to support open doc format.

sbergman27

May 02, 2006
11:10 AM EDT
I can't help but feel that the Port 25 site is to MSCEs what the "Get the Facts" site is to PHBs.
rsteiner

May 02, 2006
11:56 AM EDT
It's a slow-moving and relatively boring site. They talk about all kinds of fancy techologies, but all I want is to be able to share documents across platforms and effectively connect my various systems to Windows boxes.
grouch

May 02, 2006
2:24 PM EDT
ewwww, rsteiner. "[C]onnect my various systems to Windows boxes" sounds so ~unclean~. Do you practice safe Samba?

Seriously though, in case someone wanders by who doesn't really know why I would make such a joke...

The Sony rootkit nailed so many people because MS stuff is so secretly slutty. You never know what kind of nasty trick it's up to. Spyware is not just something accidently downloaded; it's an integrated part of every MS Windows system sold since 2001.
dcparris

May 02, 2006
4:35 PM EDT
>ewwww, rsteiner. "[C]onnect my various systems to Windows boxes" sounds so ~unclean~. Do you practice safe Samba?

rotfl!

But I wouldn't mind if they showed me their ODF support.
jsusanka

May 03, 2006
4:39 AM EDT
you know the more I think about this whole port 25 mess the more stupid ms looks.

what the heck do they want from us? all our code is out there in the open - they can start to integrate away anytime. so what is there to discuss?
grouch

May 03, 2006
7:23 AM EDT
jsusanka: Terms of surrender, maybe?
dinotrac

May 03, 2006
9:21 AM EDT
You people are all so mean.

Microsoft has offered to port 25, and you just spit in their face. Or faces. Or big corporate presence, or whatever. Anyway, you know what I mean.

I would be interested in hearing more about this 25. What's it used for? Why is it worth porting? What ar they going to port it to?

Hold on a sec....someone's trying to reach me.

(really? You're kidding. So THAT's what that means. Sheesh. Who knew?)

Never mind.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!