helios, pay your derned bills

Story: Mushroom cloud spotted over Lobby4Linux.comTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
tuxchick2

May 06, 2006
11:44 AM EDT
Geez, you liberal commies are all alike, you expect a free ride for everything.

While we're on the subject of money, I draw your attention to the "please send money" link on the Lobby4Linux site if- when- if it comes back up. Helios wants to travel to DC or somewheres, sorry I just skimmed it before it went up in flames, to harangue lawmakers in person. I think this is worthy of support, so clean out those dusty coin jars and put them to good use.

http://www.lobby4linux.com
helios

May 06, 2006
2:30 PM EDT
Hey, compassionate conservatism, when practiced works every time it's tried.

At least, that's what Delay is hoping.

And speaking of Washington. You shootin' six-gun right I am going to Washington...even if I have to sleep in my car and eat at the mission once a day. We have to do something about this "looming crisis" (politico-speak for "dammm, their watching...we better act like we care.)

Thanks Tuxchick.

h
grouch

May 06, 2006
4:56 PM EDT
I got a dollah. If you got a moped, that will get you 30 miles down the road. If you got one of those tax-credit-laden SUV's, however, that might get you out of the driveway.

devnet

May 06, 2006
6:10 PM EDT
Ken,

I can host this for you to get you back up and running. I have 2 slots in my hosting plan and am plenty ways away from my bandwidth each month.

If you have your data and filestructure, give me an email and I'll put your site back up by the middle of this week.
Libervis

May 06, 2006
7:48 PM EDT
Things like this are one of the reasons why we could use an alliance of Free Software related web sites. Infact I think devnet is one of its supporters and he's already offered help. :)

If you have a Free Software/Free Culture web site, you might be interested in joining the discussion about forming this alliance at http://www.freeweballiance.org/discuss/ (it's just a plain discussion forum right now, but we're moving towards setting up a real site.

If you are part of the alliance, then one of the things that should never, and I mean never, happen to you is that your site goes down for too long.. It is about helping when help is needed and cooperating when cooperation is for the ultimate benefit of all (and it almost always is).

Thank you Daniel

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!