86 Year Old Great-Grandmother more capable than LXer editor

Story: 86 Year Old Great-Grandmother Hoists The Jolly RogerTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
hkwint

May 18, 2006
1:34 PM EDT
Really, really coincidentally, I tried to install PeerGuardian for Linux today (wanted it for Azureus), but I didn't succed, since I wasn't able to get te blocklist (wrong format error), and messing around in the update file didn't help.

I went out to check MoBlock, but it is offline at the moment.

Now, you are telling me Alice has got it working? That's just the greatest Linux story I ever heard. Would she be willing to tell me how I can get it working?
hkwint

May 18, 2006
1:39 PM EDT
Update: MoBlock is back online. Will let you know if I can get it to work...
grouch

May 18, 2006
4:28 PM EDT
hkwint: >"Now, you are telling me Alice has got it working? That's just the greatest Linux story I ever heard. Would she be willing to tell me how I can get it working?"

How thick is your skin? I'd suggest calling her instead of meeting in person. Alice sounds like she'd be willing to peck heads.
dcparris

May 18, 2006
5:00 PM EDT
> How thick is your skin? I'd suggest calling her instead of meeting in person. Alice sounds like she'd be willing to peck heads.

Actually, I think she would say RT*M.
jimf

May 18, 2006
5:31 PM EDT
LOL, tell helios that she'll be defecting to Debian soon.
devnet

May 19, 2006
6:28 AM EDT
Well,

I bet she started in the forums of the distro she uses first and foremost...so she STF (Searched the Forum): http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2bb556efd...

With detailed instructions like that setup is a snap :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!