More talk...

Story: Still stuck in the Java TrapTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
r_a_trip

Jun 09, 2006
7:44 AM EDT
But Stallman may be speaking too soon, according to Schwartz.

Show us the Free code Jonathan. Members of the FOSS communities have grown tired of the "Yes, we love FOSS! No, we don't!" blah blah that is the standard M.O. of Sun in the press.

Sun has great technology, but when it comes to PR the M.P.D. shows.

Java is proprietary until further notice.
grouch

Jun 09, 2006
11:11 AM EDT
r_a_trip:

Surely you aren't suggesting we wait until Sun actually opens Java before praising them for, um, announcements?

BTW, I'm going to release the blueprints for an intergalactic flying house that runs on potato peelings, real soon now.
jimf

Jun 09, 2006
11:23 AM EDT
> I'm going to release the blueprints for an intergalactic flying house that runs on potato peelings, real soon now.

What a great project. I assume that it comes with an attack snails defense system. It might also be good if it alternately ran on buffalo chips :)
grouch

Jun 09, 2006
11:41 AM EDT
jimf:

I'm sorry. The attack snail defense system must remain a closed, proprietary secret in order to protect the "feed once, slime anywhere" advantages of the system from those who would embrace, extend and extinguish it.
jimf

Jun 09, 2006
11:47 AM EDT
> must remain a closed, proprietary secret

I can see the FOAS (free and open attack snail) movement on the horizon...
dcparris

Jun 09, 2006
3:27 PM EDT
> I can see the FOAS (free and open attack snail) movement on the horizon...

We'll do that just as soon as we can figure out how to prevent a spoon. I mean knife. Um, fork? One of those eating utensil thingies.
tuxchick2

Jun 09, 2006
3:48 PM EDT
It's an open secret that the US Army was training a cadre of vicious attack snails which escaped into the wild. They sent out trained tracking slugs, but the snails left lines of salt across their backtrail, which took care of the slugs. No one knows where they are now, but they are considered slimed and dangerous.
dek

Jun 09, 2006
6:23 PM EDT
Ah yes, those Octogenarian Mutant Ninja Snails can be quite ferocious at times!!
grouch

Jun 09, 2006
6:35 PM EDT
dcparris: >"We'll do that just as soon as we can figure out how to prevent a spoon. I mean knife. Um, fork? One of those eating utensil thingies."

Don't think I can't see through your thinly veiled conspiracy. You're really agitating for carpet-bombing society with sporks, knowing full well that the spork is indisputable proof of the fall of civilization.
jimf

Jun 09, 2006
6:56 PM EDT
> carpet-bombing society with sporks

Don't forget spifing . Rember the spifing of the grubs on G5 by those damned snails... What a loss for the civilized galaxy.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!