"McDevs"?

Story: Porky Vista Beta 2 Casts Doubt On Future Release DatesTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
DrDubious

Jun 17, 2006
11:16 AM EDT
[...]Microsoft's army of McDevs have plodded through Vista code for five long years[...] Maybe we should just start calling them "McRosoft". I think it's reasonable to say that Microsoft's software products are to software quality what McDonalds is to cuisine...
jimf

Jun 17, 2006
11:45 AM EDT
> Microsoft's software products are to software quality what McDonalds is to cuisine...

I guess that is one way to define their sucess with the masses.
grouch

Jun 17, 2006
2:39 PM EDT
Hmm. Clogged arteries, lowered resistance to disease, toxified internal organs, excess fat, reduced life expectancy... yep, sounds like McRosoft fits.

(Reference: http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2004-05-05-supersizem... "'Super Size Me' takes on epic proportions", by In-Sung Yoo, USA TODAY)
SFN

Jun 20, 2006
6:29 AM EDT
Here's one big difference.

People who saw "Super Size Me" tend to forget this but Morgan Spurlock admitted to loving the Quarter Pounder w/Cheese and when he tried the McGriddles, he exhibited what appeared to be a slightly subdued orgasm.

Now Spurlock was not the fast food guy that most Americans are. He was almost exclusively accustomed to eating healthy, tasty meals. Yet he still found things at McDonald's that he could not deny that he liked.

How many of us can actually say, "I'll tell you what, though. That Windows XP is good stuff!"

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!