Author Content
Rascalson

Jun 22, 2006
4:11 AM EDT
That about says it all.
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 22, 2006
4:47 AM EDT
I seems to me that he couldn't find enough "facts" to keep the job, or maybe he just didn't feel like he was using his full 'potential' and felt the need to move on.

Darn. He's leaving, Bill's leaving, I wonder if all of M$ is getting ready to sail the straight path to Valinor. Never to return..

LOL!
dcparris

Jun 22, 2006
12:44 PM EDT
> Darn. He's leaving, Bill's leaving, I wonder if all of M$ is getting ready to sail the straight path to Valinor. Never to return..

Actually, I was thinking they might have wondered into the land of Mordor.
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 22, 2006
1:44 PM EDT
You understood me perfectly Don.

They think they are going to Valinor,

we know different. :-)
dcparris

Jun 22, 2006
4:35 PM EDT
I just finished watching TLOTR last weekend. I crawled out from under my rock at long last, and have been watching the trilogy in order over the past few weeks. Definitely interesting.
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 22, 2006
5:42 PM EDT
I read the books first and then watched the movies. They are good, but nothing beats a good book. I remember when the movie Dune came out, my Grandfather was still alive and he took me to see it. I miss my Grandfather, anyway..

After the movie he asked me if I liked it and being that I was 10 or 11 at most, I loved it. He said, "You know that the movie was based on a book?". The next day he had the paperback waiting for me. I almost read the whole thing that day..that was the day I went from reading comic-books to real books, and I have never looked back.

I love telling that story.

:-)
moopst

Jun 22, 2006
7:31 PM EDT
Scott,

I was 19 and home from college when my dad asked me to stay at the house he was selling for a few days because he wanted it to be occupied for insurance reasons. With nothing but a little Samsung tv, I read the whole Foundation series in 3 days. It's amazing how much time we waste looking at tv or computer screens...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!