I'm already running it

Story: A Firefox PC operating system?Total Replies: 0
Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Jul 07, 2006
11:28 AM EDT
I use my computer for a ton of different things but my use of it to access the Internet far outweighs all of its other functions combined.

I use Firefox and/or Mozilla for 100% of my browsing.

The combination of using SuSE and Firefox essentially makes my computer a Firefox OS.

I am not trying to take any fire away from Blake but if you are like me in the similarity of your configuration, you are already using a Firefox OS.

If you sit a Firefox user in front of any computer that has Firefox, it does not matter much what OS the computer is running.

My Mother is proof of it. I got her to start using Firefox some time ago and when I helped her set up her new computer last weekend(dual boot M$ and SuSE) she was a little worried until I opened up Firefox.

When I did, she immediately said "Oh Good, there's my Internet". She then asked me "So when I am using Windows, am going to have to go back to using I.E. again?", I just gave her 'the laugh' and she knew the answer was no.

I will tell you honestly that my Mother is a very smart woman yet she knows, that she does not know much about Linux and as soon as she saw the Firefox icon on her desktop, she was much less apprehensive about having something that she does not know very well on her new computer.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!