Uhm... Steven has to check his facts...

Story: World of Warcraft on Linux?Total Replies: 3
Author Content
JaseP

Jul 11, 2006
4:54 AM EDT
Steven has to check his facts... While normally an excellent writer and up on technology, he failed to point out that Transgaming's Cedega can be downloaded under a short term subscription and that it doesn't need to be updated once you have running all the Win games you want to run.

I haven't subscribed to Transgaming in a couple of years. So you don't have to keep ponying up the cash to run Cedega... as long as you are happy with what you have.
TPuffin

Jul 11, 2006
7:21 AM EDT
The Cedega source is also available free of charge, though considerably less convenient than the subscription model.
Scott_Ruecker

Jul 11, 2006
6:02 PM EDT
I have just recently subscribed, short term, to Cedega in order to play World of Warcraft. Just about everyone I work with plays it and I guess I am trying to fit in a little bit. I chose to pay for it so that I could take advantage of the support they offer because I do not have the time to teach myself how to do it.

So far I am very impressed. I am having trouble getting the game to play because my computer is just a little too old but not because the program does not work correctly. I have been able to play several other games that are not as hardware intensive flawlessly.

I have only been using Cedega for a week or so but as far as I can tell it has been worth it, and the cost is very reasonable considering that I have not been able to figure out how to get any of the games I used to play at all since getting rid of M$

I work seven days a week so being able to use Cedega to play a few games on my computer for the first time in a couple of years is really cool. But I am regulating how much time I spend on it though, I have some writing and interviews to do that are much more important, and fun. :-)
sbergman27

Jul 11, 2006
6:07 PM EDT
TPuffin,

I started to post that info but I held off because I remembered that Cedega (or whatever they were called back at the time) had stated that they could not release all the source because some of it involved copy protection that fell under the DMCA.

How did they get around that? Or did they?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!