He gets it... I think?

Story: Oracle talks smack about Red HatTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
sbergman27

Jul 12, 2006
5:29 PM EDT
==== "Red Hat is too small and does not do a very good job of supporting [its customers]. ... The great thing about open source, the most interesting thing to me is the intellectual property. ... We can just take Red Hat's intellectual property and make it ours, they just don't have it."

"Why didn't we buy JBoss? Because we don't have to - if it ever got good enough we'd just take the intellectual property - just like Apache - embed it in our fusion middleware suite, and we're done." ====

One thing I have been noticing is that Larry has a way of taking the things that we have been saying for years in praise of the advantages of FOSS and putting them into the most offensive sounding terms.

In the first case, he is pointing out that with FOSS, no one is locked in to a single vendor for support. Oracle has the source and can provide their own patches to RHEL to their customers in order to fix problems or provide customized funtionality.

In the second case, he is saying that the software belongs to everyone. (I'm assuming here that he is planning on honoring the particular licenses.)

How can someone take something so beautiful and make it sound so ugly?

I wonder if the Grinch was in his family tree?

tuxchick2

Jul 12, 2006
6:57 PM EDT
I think it's comical when pale, over-groomed guys in suits with indoor jobs try to act butch.
tuxtom

Jul 14, 2006
1:48 AM EDT
He is actually a pretty tough offshore sailor with a solid product...unlike Bill Gates. Think about it...if you get REAL big, you GET RID of Microsoft and you GET Oracle. Funny how that works.
devnet

Jul 14, 2006
7:36 AM EDT
I heard he's so butch he hasn't gone to the bathroom since 1966. I also heard he eats brick vats and farts out fence posts.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!