Hardly necessary

Story: New Community Website Dedicated to PerlTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
dthacker

Jul 12, 2006
9:29 PM EDT
The perl-beginners mailing list is a great place to get your questions answered. Perlmonks is a fine online community dedicated to the advancement of Perl programming. While the monks will not do homework, they are quite helpful.

Dave
rodeoclown

Jul 13, 2006
10:21 AM EDT
As I'm well aware that another Perl site in the many dozens that exist could come off as being "hardly necessary", I'd like to point out that this site is for those that like to seek help in a forum style rather than mailing list. It will also likely be more geared to those newcomers to Perl, hopefully building a large database in a forum and wiki of Perl knowledge. At least I didn't start another Linux forum.. those are hardly necessary these days.
Libervis

Jul 13, 2006
3:43 PM EDT
Quoting:At least I didn't start another Linux forum.. those are hardly necessary these days.

Haha you've gotta good point there. :)

I have one of those forums, though I try to differentiate it from the rest of the crowd. It's more on a Free Software side, has a special advertising policy and doesn't run on vB or phpbb as the rest of the crowd; it runs on drupal.

Anyway, I know what you mean by "forum style" help. Many indeed prefer that way to mailing lists, starting with myself.

Good luck!

Daniel

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!