Waste of Time

Story: Re-thinking the Windows RefundTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
vonskippy

Jul 25, 2006
9:58 AM EDT
If you don't want to use windows - install something else.

This "windows refund" rant is a complete waste of time.

The world is full of examples of buying stuff that comes bundled with things you have no choice over.

Try buying a car without a basic radio pre-installed. Try getting a sunroof without the "sports package".

Every purchase a laptop that has a game port - I don't play games on my laptop - so should I start a rant demanding that manufactures give me a refund for the unwanted and unused game port?

As to the refund - is your time really so worthless that you go thru all this for $50?
wind0wsr3fund

Jul 25, 2006
10:06 AM EDT
It is this very attitude that allows the vendors to get away with tying the sale of Windows with the sale of hardware. What a shame.
Sander_Marechal

Jul 25, 2006
10:11 AM EDT
Game port manufacturers don't dominate the entire SOHO computing industry with their monopoly. If they did, I'd ask for refunds :-)
dcparris

Jul 25, 2006
11:47 AM EDT
> This "windows refund" rant is a complete waste of time.

You must be referring to some other Windows Refund rant. *This* Windows Refund rant is basically saying you should choose computers without Windows, instead of buying PCs with Windows pre-installed. Please re-read the article.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!