Sure it was an accident? v2

Story: AOL Data Spill Threatens AOLusers With ExtinctionTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Aug 07, 2006
10:18 PM EDT
You have to realize that value that the data from that site carries. On the 'black market', its a sellers dream.

I for one don't think anyone is innocent on this one.
dcparris

Aug 08, 2006
4:57 AM EDT
The article did say it was an intentional dump. Someone needs to be taken out behind the barn and shot. Not beaten, shot.
dinotrac

Aug 08, 2006
9:14 AM EDT
>to be taken out behind the barn and shot.

Hey Rev ---

Whatever happened to "Love thy neighbor?"

;0)

Scott_Ruecker

Aug 08, 2006
9:22 AM EDT
I for one am in complete agreement with Don, taken out back and shot.

Hey I love my neighbor, but not the one selling my identity to the highest bidder.
dcparris

Aug 08, 2006
12:54 PM EDT
> Whatever happened to "Love thy neighbor?"

In this case, I'm thinking of the other several million of my neighbors. That question should be directed at AOL anyway. ;-)
jdixon

Aug 08, 2006
6:36 PM EDT
Dino:

You probably know this, but for the benefit of any readers who don't, who is and is not your neighbor is further defined in the parable of the good Samaritan. Let's just say that whoever did this doesn't meet the definition. :)
dcparris

Aug 08, 2006
10:04 PM EDT
Lol! I think we could have loads of fun with that whole scenario. "AOL hijacks "State Farm's theme (Like a good neighbor)". AOL could follow in Microsoft's PR steps and overcome the gaffe by playing the Barney theme song to assure their customers that "they care". Anyone feel like building a top ten list?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!