please...

Story: Linux OS "just as bloated as Windows"Total Replies: 4
Author Content
incinerator

Aug 11, 2006
1:46 AM EDT
...do not feed the troll. It's not worth it, really.

Regards, Dominik
dinotrac

Aug 11, 2006
2:09 AM EDT
Did you see the one quote, about not sacrificing efficiency for an intuitive GUI?

It was taken from the blender wiki. How dishonest is that?

There are more than a few pieces of software (hmmm...why does Photoshop come to mind? For that matter, I'll bet any number of CAD/CAM programs) following that philosophy, and, for good reason: Designing a GUI for beginners can slow down expert use, and, let's face it, you're only a beginner in the beginning.

Besides, that has nothing to do with Linux. Blender runs on Windows, too.

I have to agree that my KDE desktop isn't as responsive as I would like, but I know that help is coming. Each KDE has been a little quicker than the one before. Improvements in QT, gcc and the linker's C++ support have all helped. X seems to be moving forward thanks to the break away from Xfree86 (thanks for the license lunacy, guys...hope you're enjoying your empty cathedral).

And, of course, did this guy manage to miss the best and smoothest UI of all -- that on the MacIntosh? It runs on ....OMG!!!!...Unix!
Teron

Aug 11, 2006
2:59 AM EDT
"setting a PC up for dual boot with Linux/Windows was a harrowing experience simply due to the fact that by default, Linux installs typically wipe the entire drive clean."

*sigh* Hasn't used the XP installer once in his life, I think... (And many mainstream installers have a "make use of available free space" option, thank goodness)
jimf

Aug 11, 2006
3:05 AM EDT
ROFL...
Sander_Marechal

Aug 11, 2006
3:51 AM EDT
There's sooo many factual errors in that piece it goes from angy right through hillarious and out the other end to come to a standstill somewhere between apathy and insanity.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!