Cool, but...

Story: Gnu/linux? But you don't LOOK like a geek...Total Replies: 10
Author Content
dinotrac

Aug 13, 2006
9:11 AM EDT
What's wrong with looking like a geek?

As a group, aren't we the handsomest/loveliest, most dashing and sexy people around?

Well AREN'T WE?
Scott_Ruecker

Aug 13, 2006
9:26 AM EDT
Yes We Are!! ;-)

Just because we actually tuck out shirts in once in a while and always have a writing implement on our person does not mean that we still live with our Mothers..which would save us money, allow us to buy more hardware and give us more time to build that perfect system.

Hmmm. Maybe moving back in with Mom isn't such a bad idea..

Yeah RIGHT!!

LOL
dinotrac

Aug 13, 2006
11:16 AM EDT
>Hmmm. Maybe moving back in with Mom isn't such a bad idea..

I might not mind moving in with Bo Derek's kids' mom.
Scott_Ruecker

Aug 13, 2006
11:50 AM EDT
Well, YEAH!

Bo Derek, Nicole Kidman, Terry Hatcher, Kate Blanchett...
dinotrac

Aug 13, 2006
12:06 PM EDT
>Bo Derek, Nicole Kidman, Terry Hatcher, Kate Blanchett...

In each case, a sacrifice I would willingly undertake.

For the good of humanity, of course.
watux

Aug 13, 2006
5:29 PM EDT
dinotrac: well, for the good of one member of humanity, at least. (-:
jdixon

Aug 13, 2006
6:40 PM EDT
> Well AREN'T WE?

Well, Dino, never having met you in person, I'll grant the possiblilty. As for myself, well, lets say it's a very good thing my wife is extemely nearsighted. :)
dcparris

Aug 13, 2006
8:29 PM EDT
> Well AREN'T WE?

Well, seeing how my wife is a former beauty queen, I'd say I cut the mustard for "good looking enough to be seen with in public". :-) And apparently, my rule about keeping a writing implement in my left breast pocket at all times was a smart move. I had no other way to write down her number the day we met. ;-) I now have a compact pen that I can carry in my front pants pocket - "Geek on the Sneak".
dinotrac

Aug 14, 2006
4:26 AM EDT
Rev -

Personally, I think it was very sweet of you. After all, it's not every day you see a geek settle for a beauty queen.
Rascalson

Aug 14, 2006
6:49 AM EDT
I think that many of the "Beauty Queens" and "just plain pretty" girls that geeks fall for and "settle" for/with are actually "closet" geeks themselves.
Sander_Marechal

Aug 14, 2006
8:22 AM EDT
Get them out of the closet then :-) One of the things I really like about my girlfriend is that she's a major geek herself. The fact that she's pretty is just added bonus!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!