A translation

Story: Xensource CEO Addresses Microsoft, Red Hat-Novell DisputeTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
cjcox

Aug 19, 2006
11:14 PM EDT
CRN: Novell says Xen is ready for enterprise use. Isn't it really true that Xen is a stinking piece of crap that is utterly worthless until Red Hat endorses it?

Levine: I'm not sure I understand. Can you define the phrase 'stinking piece of crap'?

CRN: I mean it doesn't work at all.. like Red Hat says. Novell says that it is ready and works.

Levine: I'm not sure what Novell is saying.

CRN: Can you just give us some really, really good suck up comments with regards to Red Hat.

Levine: Sure.... everything about Red Hat is great. It's Red... it's a Hat... I mean Novell??? What the heck is that.

CRN: So Xen will actually be working in Red Hat?

Levine: It will be well integrated compared to others.

CRN: You mean SUSE?

Levine: I'm not sure what I mean.
jimf

Aug 20, 2006
2:24 AM EDT
Wow cjcox, You really had me thinking that was straight from a boardroom interview. Then I realized that CRN would never use the term 'stinking piece of crap' for fear that every piece of crap in the country might have them in court for years. Now if you'd just said 'inferior junk', I'd think you'll have it...
dinotrac

Aug 20, 2006
4:30 AM EDT
Absolutely. It's generally safe to pick on inferior junk because inferior junk can be relied upon to have self-esteem issues that prevent it from gathering the courage to wander into court.

Stinking pieces of crap, however, tend to be defiant about their very...uhhhh...crappiness.
cjcox

Aug 20, 2006
7:13 PM EDT
I wonder if the CRN print of that interview was REALLY what was said.... it was just SOOO bad... I couldn't help but post.

(I can't help but feel the actual interview was ... well... coherent...)
jimf

Aug 20, 2006
8:06 PM EDT
> Stinking pieces of crap, however, tend to be defiant about their very...uhhhh...crappiness.

That, and, the recent court decisions confurming that crapism can now qualifiy as hate crime against crapists.

perseis

Aug 21, 2006
10:17 PM EDT
and if you are among the Crapi...what is our recourse? that is unless we are wiped out by the paperwork...
jimf

Aug 21, 2006
10:47 PM EDT
> what is our recourse? that is unless we are wiped out by the paperwork...

I don't know, but, the whole situation just stinks

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!