Mozilla is *commercial*

Story: Microsoft wants Firefox on VistaTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
Libervis

Aug 23, 2006
3:26 AM EDT
Oh how great to hear Microsoft so kindly extending a helping hand at Mozilla. I guess this MS guy figured keeping Windows market share outways the goal of keeping the IE market share..

But their lingo hasn't changed and they continue to talk about Free Software as non-commercial and proprietary as commercial, which is totally wrong and mixed up:

Quoting:Ramji also said that although Microsoft had invited only commercial developers to such labs in the past, "I'm committed to evolving our thinking beyond commercial companies to include open source projects."

So "open source" doesn't include commercial companies? Wtf?! Mozilla is a freaking *corporation*! It's a commercial company they're talking about.

Are they just that ignorant or is that another FUD attempt?
jdixon

Aug 23, 2006
7:33 AM EDT
> Are they just that ignorant or is that another FUD attempt?

Well, with Microsoft, EVERYTHING is a FUD attempt. They don't seem to do anything without a marketing aspect in it somewhere. That said, I suspect that this particular slip is actually ignorance.
dinotrac

Aug 23, 2006
7:48 AM EDT
>Well, with Microsoft, EVERYTHING is a FUD attempt.

I disagree. At this point, FUD is so ingrained at MS, they don't even have to try. It's as natural as breathing.
jdixon

Aug 23, 2006
8:13 AM EDT
Dino:

You're probably correct.
dcparris

Aug 23, 2006
8:57 AM EDT
Microsoft is like an actor that has forgotten how to be real.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!