Vacuous review. Pointless reference.

Story: Writing on the webTotal Replies: 14
Author Content
tarvid

Aug 27, 2006
2:09 AM EDT
Apparently the review author failed to even try to open a simple "doc" file. I tried two, neither loaded.

Ajax is an important subject but passing on rehashed pr statements without minimal investigation serves no purpose.
dcparris

Aug 27, 2006
2:01 PM EDT
Sorry. It's a slow news weekend. I've had difficulty find anything really interesting. Try running a 24-hour newswire on 10 submissions. You - like all our readers - are more than welcome to submit better stories from elsewhere or write your own. :-)
tarvid

Aug 27, 2006
6:04 PM EDT
http://www.thinkfree.com/common/main.tfo actually works.

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/ is an interesting notion - an embedded application.

Needing more than one good idea a day is dependency.

LXer is my favorite computer news site. I can usually find that one good article.

I'm just an old grouch who lashed out at 15 wasted minutes. Didn't mean to be unkind.

Thanks

Jim
dcparris

Aug 27, 2006
6:48 PM EDT
I can live with Tiddlywiki, but did Thinkfree go libre on us?

>LXer is my favorite computer news site. I can usually find that one good article.

We do try pretty hard.

>I'm just an old grouch who lashed out at 15 wasted minutes. Didn't mean to be unkind.

Given that we already have an old grouch, I just hope I don't get "both barrels" one day. :-D

jimf

Aug 27, 2006
7:44 PM EDT
> an old grouch

One 'official' one, and a whole bunch of unofficials :D
dek

Aug 27, 2006
7:48 PM EDT
Speaking of grouch (the "real" one), I haven't seen any postings from him for awhile now. Anybody know if he's ok?

Us old grouches have got to stick together!!! ;-)

Don K.
dcparris

Aug 28, 2006
6:02 AM EDT
I think he's working on his car these days.
tuxchick2

Aug 28, 2006
7:16 AM EDT
In that case, I shall step into the void left by grouch's absence. Foo suxx. Bar roxx. My way or the highway. My bones tell me it's going to rain. Dratted bones.

dcparris

Aug 28, 2006
9:24 AM EDT
:-)
dinotrac

Aug 28, 2006
9:27 AM EDT
tc (grouchette):

I believe that your bones are being meteorologically dishonest.

Here in downtown Chicago, and, I will bet, elsewhere, it is already raining. You could split hairs by arguing that continuing to rain comes under the penumbra of "going to rain", but that's splitting hairs a mite fine for honest argument's sake.
tuxchick2

Aug 28, 2006
9:48 AM EDT
There you go impugning my honesty again. [Insert long rebuttal]. So there. Take that.
dinotrac

Aug 28, 2006
10:04 AM EDT
tc -

Can't we all just learn to get along? So long as you admit to being completely wrong and rude besides, of course.
jimf

Aug 28, 2006
10:08 AM EDT
Heck dino, she's already admitted to being a grouchette :)
dinotrac

Aug 28, 2006
10:33 AM EDT
jimf -

Good enough for me.

Hugs?
jimf

Aug 28, 2006
10:48 AM EDT
> Hugs?

jimf/ sees tux-grouchette bash dino's head with a cast iron fry pan.... :D

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!