Microsoft security LOLWTF!!!010111BBQhahahaaa pwned again

Story: Mozilla taps former Microsoft executive for securityTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
tuxchick2

Sep 07, 2006
9:59 AM EDT
"Window Snyder, whose hiring was announced today, worked on Microsoft's security-driven Windows XP Service Pack 2 update. She also had a role in the development of Windows Server 2003."

Yes, and...? WTF happened? They're still as porous as ever. Hopefully this is a case of a good person finally getting matched up with the right company.
SFN

Sep 07, 2006
10:42 AM EDT
Her first name is Window?

Nuh-uh!
jimf

Sep 07, 2006
10:57 AM EDT
> worked on Microsoft's security-driven Windows XP Service Pack 2 update.

Uh Oh...
SFN

Sep 07, 2006
11:01 AM EDT
Quoting:Microsoft's security-driven Windows XP Service Pack 2 update

That's like saying "Britney Spears' Modern Jazz-oriented 'Ooops I Did It Again'".
nalf38

Sep 07, 2006
11:49 AM EDT
Window, O Window, wherefore art thou, Window? Bummer of a name. Worse than Peekaboo.

I think Snyder (I am NOT going to keep calling her Window) did the best job that could have been done. Her job was essentially plugging a million tiny holes in a sinking ship. Before her, there was no Firewall on by default, no Patch Tuesday, etc. Yeesh. The thought of going back to Windows gives me the willies.
jimf

Sep 07, 2006
11:53 AM EDT
> That's like saying "Britney Spears' Modern Jazz-oriented 'Ooops I Did It Again'".

I like that analogy :D
dinotrac

Sep 07, 2006
12:44 PM EDT
Give the lady a chance.

Good people can work in bad places. It happens all the time. The Moz folks aren't exactly stupid, and it sounds like she's pretty well regarded. If nothing else, she's got the experience of being in the eye of the storm.
tuxchick2

Sep 07, 2006
1:13 PM EDT
dino, indeed, I can't imagine a harsher live-fire security experience than working on a winduhs security team.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!