wow

Story: Microsoft can be trusted: NOT!Total Replies: 11
Author Content
jsusanka

Sep 12, 2006
5:16 PM EDT
all I got to say is wow - how come none of the major news outlets report on this?

I would like to see foxnews and cnn along with cbs, nbc, and abc all report this. Just report - state the facts and be done with it.

I am so glad I don't allow microsoft in my house. I don't need windows to have an excellent, safe computing experience.
SFN

Sep 13, 2006
4:21 AM EDT
Quoting:Speaking of the Dark Force, it seems that Neil is really hooked on satanic stuff (this is his homepage).

Um, this is the same Neil McAllister? Has this been verified?

Although there are a number of BS reasons why an article like this doesn't get picked up by a major news service, this is actually a valid reason. This is one of those situations where people can point at us and shout "Wacko!"

Unless of course, the Neil McAllister from the original article really is a satanist. In which case, the story would be all over every news outlet with the MS agreement being a footnote.
dinotrac

Sep 13, 2006
4:35 AM EDT
SFN -

It is the same guy. Check out the link at the bottom of his page.
SFN

Sep 13, 2006
4:44 AM EDT
Wow. I stand corrected.

Hmmmmm.

"Microsoft Aligns With Satanists"

That's a Fox headline if I ever heard one.
number6x

Sep 13, 2006
6:49 AM EDT
The most famous "Fox Headline" was a headline from before Rupert Murdoch, the Australian Billionaire bought Fox. His New York Post ran a headline "Headless Body in Topless Bar". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Post

"Microsoft Aligns With Satanists" would be a close second.
dinotrac

Sep 13, 2006
7:13 AM EDT
Guys -

IN fairness, it's not even clear that the guy is a Satanist so much as a devotee of a particularly dark kind of music.

The difference matters.
SFN

Sep 13, 2006
7:27 AM EDT
Quoting:IN fairness, it's not even clear that the guy is a Satanist so much as a devotee of a particularly dark kind of music.

Absolutely but FUD Spreaders(tm) should expect to get some FUD on them.
dinotrac

Sep 13, 2006
7:30 AM EDT
>Absolutely but FUD Spreaders(tm) should expect to get some FUD on them.

All's fair in FUD and war.
SFN

Sep 13, 2006
7:32 AM EDT
I just checked and fudspreaders.com is available.

I relinquish my TM.
dcparris

Sep 13, 2006
9:02 AM EDT
> IN fairness, it's not even clear that the guy is a Satanist so much as a devotee of a particularly dark kind of music.

The difference matters.

You beat me to it, Dino.
dinotrac

Sep 13, 2006
9:08 AM EDT
Rev -

Gotta get in my public service announcement for the week!!
dcparris

Sep 13, 2006
9:16 AM EDT
The other thing is that I'm not sure we (our community) should stoop to the level of others, i.e., spreading FUD about them just because they spread FUD about us. I strive to achieve a higher level than that.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!