Disappointing article.

Story: The Future of Physical Hard Drive SecurityTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
timlinux

Sep 18, 2006
4:53 PM EDT
I was really disappointed when I read this article.

"To an average user, this much security is a little too much. Even though majority of us have critical financial and other personal information that we would like to prevent others from accessing, the internal and external chain locks are a bit too extreme. After all, what are the chances of someone breaking in and snatching away with the hard drive out of other potentially valuable items that the perpetrator could instead get a hold of?"

The author gives no reasonable justification for these kinds of statements. Since when is too much security ever a problem for a product? I have a couple of hard drives and really would hate for my data to land up in the wrong hands. And as for the assertion that thieves would rather steal your other goodies than you hard drive - that really makes no sense. If a thief breaks into your house he is more likely to take small portable things of high value - like your portable hard drive - than anything else....
jimf

Sep 18, 2006
5:28 PM EDT
> small portable things of high value Lol, Like your Computer ;-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!