frist post! frist BWAHAHAHAAAA

Story: Study: Linux and Windows Costs EqualTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
tuxchick2

Sep 26, 2006
10:21 AM EDT
It's worth reading for the many WTF moments:

"Mercer did not conduct its own TCO study, but instead studied UNIX migration programs from 30 of its clients."

"The total cost of the entire hardware and software platform -- including maintenance costs -- tends to only be 15 to 20 percent of total migration costs."

And a classic mmkay moment:

"Microsoft commissioned Mercer to perform the study."
SyntaxError

Sep 26, 2006
12:09 PM EDT
I am so thrill to read that Linux and Windows costs are the same.

Up until now, I have been so worry about the uncertainty of using Linux and the hidden cost Uncle Bill hinted in some of the previous studies his company commissioned.

I believe the more study Unble Bill commisions, the more it shows it costs less to use Linux.

I am so looking forward to the future Microsoft-commisioned studies.

:D
dcparris

Sep 26, 2006
6:16 PM EDT
I like your thinking. I almost took that line, too. I just couldn't resist sounding like an egomaniac for a minute. ;-)
jimf

Sep 26, 2006
8:56 PM EDT
I always understood the position of small business when they chose what they thought was best choice because it was an 'industry standard' (i.e. used by all the other guys). Not the smartest move, but one that was 'safe'.

These days I have more and more trouble seeing how any responsible company official can look at figures like that and be conned into the 'black is white' proposition. It's just too painfully obvious.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!