astroturfing

Story: New Linux/Unix Ranking Portal Is OnlineTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
incinerator

Oct 19, 2006
12:59 AM EDT
Please read http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20060814 You will see that the site has been established by Aurox when the "coincidentally" accused distrowatch of ignoring their release announcements. I've checked the site out back then, found it's not worth the bother.

Now, I don't know much about Aurox, but distrowatch at least is an independent site whereas distrorankings isn't. I'll leave it up to you to draw any conclusions.
1c3d0g

Oct 19, 2006
12:03 PM EDT
Agreed. Why is it that some always feel the need to copy something which already does what it's supposed to do? That site sucks, sorry.
jimf

Oct 19, 2006
12:24 PM EDT
I don't think many of us bookmarked it :)
devnet

Oct 19, 2006
12:45 PM EDT
I know I didn't. I'll stick with distrowatch. Who cares about ranking them. If they work for you, they're number 1 right?
jimf

Oct 19, 2006
1:02 PM EDT
Ladislav Bodnar has worked long and hard to make Distrowatch a virtual cornerstone of the Linux and BSD communities. Well organized, timely, a great resource... Really, a benchmark for that kind of site. It's gonna take quite an effort to top it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!