Viel Spaß!

dcparris

Oct 20, 2006
2:49 PM EDT
Danke!
techiem2

Oct 20, 2006
3:12 PM EDT
So will you be offering a learn to read German course along with these articles? :)
dcparris

Oct 20, 2006
3:32 PM EDT
I'm so glad you asked! We're offering free german courses, in partnership with Google:

[url=http://www.google.com/search?q=learn german free&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official]http://www.google.com/search?q=learn german free&start=0&ie=...[/url]

:-)
techiem2

Oct 20, 2006
3:35 PM EDT
But those aren't taught personally by you! :)

*Adds a bunch more bookmarks to his long list of things to study*
dcparris

Oct 20, 2006
3:59 PM EDT
"danke", "bitte", "Auf Wiedersehen", and about 10 (literally, one - ten) other German words is about all you would learn from me. And that's if I can figure out the spellings of the rest.

And now you've learned "sensationsmeldung!" You learn quickly! :-)
ccady

Oct 20, 2006
4:06 PM EDT
For those of us who cannot read German, I hope that the articles are easily separated. I hope the RSS feed can be split for those who want it.
jimf

Oct 20, 2006
4:08 PM EDT
Sorry, I haven't even been keeping up on my Japanese, but good that we're branching out.
dcparris

Oct 20, 2006
4:13 PM EDT
For now it will be integrated, with the German articles being interspersed among the English articles. I don't expect we'll see large numbers of German articles initially. Once our German readership grows a bit, we'll launch them off to a separate domain, and begin adding other European languages to that domain.

You'll notice it, but I hope you won't find it aggravating. :-)
dcparris

Oct 20, 2006
4:27 PM EDT
jimf: I would like to start working with an Asian language in the near future. I had been working on that with little success, and the opportunity to work with German seems to be the better one at the moment. So I'll keep plugging away at the Asians, but right now, it's German. :-)
techiem2

Oct 20, 2006
4:30 PM EDT
So many languages, so little time to study them...
dcparris

Oct 20, 2006
4:31 PM EDT
True that!
1c3d0g

Oct 20, 2006
5:26 PM EDT
rm /LXer.com/bookmark

:-/
techiem2

Oct 20, 2006
5:45 PM EDT
Anyway, I think the multi-language thing is cool. Especially the multi-domain idea. Like lxer.com could be everything, then you could have en.lxer.com, de.lxer.com, jp.lxer.com, etc. for the various language specific lists.
incinerator

Oct 21, 2006
7:22 AM EDT
coole Sache, Parker ;-)
hkwint

Oct 23, 2006
4:52 AM EDT
I agree with ccady above: At least we could prefix our non-English stories with 'DE: ' or so? If I (might) start writing in Dutch stuff becomes confusing, so I think prefixing is a good idea.

(Prefixes may be a problem, since English speaking people call 'Deutschland' Germany, and they call the language spoken in the Netherlands 'Dutch', but we'll sort that out)

Uhhm, Schönen Tag!
Sander_Marechal

Oct 23, 2006
5:33 AM EDT
@hkwint: That's why there are ISO country codes :-)
hkwint

Oct 23, 2006
7:48 AM EDT
I know, I vote in favour of it!
dcparris

Oct 23, 2006
8:29 AM EDT
You raise an interesting point, Hans.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!